2005 220cdi rear heated window not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamie weeks

Car
mercedes c220 cdi diesel
the rear heated window on my 2005 220cdi has stopped working,any ideas please i.e.which fuse to check etc,
have found fuse in boot, fuse 10 is ok 40A,relay clicks on and off and have 12v both sides of the fuse with the ignition and rear heated window switch operated.But heater not working,where does the wiring connect to the window ( pictures ?) any common faults,advice etc ?
many thanks

I'm currently having same issue with my CLS. Firstly, dealer's diagnosis was that the antenna amplifier (C pillar) has got an open circuit. I went there two days ago to have it changed and they said it's not the amp, but the connectors at the rear glass. I would check that if I were you.

Unless something else isnt working, it is unlikely to be a fuse.

Does the manual or label on the fuse box lid not identify which circuits are on which fuse?

I read that SAM located in the boot also may go faulty. If the fuse and relay are ok, it's either rear SAM, antenna amplifier at C pillar (if there is one?), or loose solder points at the glass itself.

has anyone pics of the connections to the heated rear window ? do both connections attach on the passenger side behind the c pillar ? or one at each side of the window ? where is the earth tag so i can check that ? i have checked the fuse (40a) even though it seemed ok I have changed it,also did the same with the relay.Get 12v at the fuse as the switch is turned on and off which seems to prove that it isnt the sam.help please.many thanks

I personally would replace the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom