2005 311cdi Sprinter Cutting Out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe23894

Car
311cdi Sprinter
Hi,
I have a 2005 311cdi Sprinter pickup that I am close to torching! For the last few months it has had a issue we have been trying to get to the bottom off. When either holding back in gear down a hill, or letting off the throttle at high revs the van will cut out. Sometimes it won’t do it for ages, other times it will do it 4 times in a row. The only way you can tell is the edc light illuminates. If you flick the key off and back on, it bumps itself and away you go.

Also, it sometimes keeps running on for a few seconds when you have stopped it and removed the key. Generally once this happens, the edc light will stay illumated for a few days. When the edc lights on, it’s occasionally in limp mode.

So far, it has had the sensor on the front of the rail replaced, the sensor mounted under the intake replaced and the sensor on the back of the rail replaced. I had it plugged onto a computer about 6 months since when it was pratting around. At the time he commented the rail pressure sempt good, so I’m hoping it’s not a injector or hi pressure pump?

Any ideas would be gratefully received! We have 4 of this model Sprinter so I’ve been considering buying a code reader. Has anyone a suggestion for a good reader for these vans?

Thanks Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom