2005 CLK questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebiglad

Car
'05 CLK270 cdi
Hi Guys a couple of questions about lights :
1. Can anyone tell me, in details if possible, how to adjust the fog light beam height as currently they are very low?

2. I need to get at the non-std. LED numberplate lights and am led to believe I need to remove the plastic panel that the number is fixed to. I believe that I need to 1st remove the number plate (which is rivetted to this panel), but after that not sure how to remove this plastic panel from the main bootlid assembly ????

All answers welcomed but helpful ones in particular ;);););)

Fog lights can be adjusted by either removing the bumper or removing the front wheel arch liner.
Once you can access the rear, you will see 2x long ajustment screw's, turn these for the vertical and horizontal axis.

You realise they are meant to be angled low down? :)

When you get the number plate off you'll see a central bolt . you need to remove the inner panel to get at the nut . then the whole thing pulls off . been a while but that's about all I can remember. Just look for anymore fixing on the inside before pulling.

Fog lights can be adjusted by either removing the bumper or removing the front wheel arch liner.
Once you can access the rear, you will see 2x long ajustment screw's, turn these for the vertical and horizontal axis.

You realise they are meant to be angled low down? :)
Hi KH and thanks for your reply. Yes I do realise they need to be angled down, but currently the LHS one hardly shines further forward than the bumper !!

Interesting you say about removing the bumper to do the adjustment as I need to remove it to swap the RHD headlights for the LHD ones I've just bought; so I'll do the foglight at the same time.

Cheers
Dave

When you get the number plate off you'll see a central bolt . you need to remove the inner panel to get at the nut . then the whole thing pulls off . been a while but that's about all I can remember. Just look for anymore fixing on the inside before pulling.
Hi OFTR and thanks very much for the info; I'll get on that straight away.

Cheers
Dave

inside if its the same as the w211 e class , if its got one ,you'll need to remove the triangle holder , its 1 torx screw ,then you push the holder left and itll pop off , undo the carpet trim and look in each top corner should be a 10 mm dome type nut , once these are off the plastic shroud should come off, its held on with lots of those plastic poppers .

These are the WIS procs you need, one for the outer panel, the second for the boot lid inner trim:

Attachments

• AR88.50-P-5080Q.pdf
    277.1 KB · Views: 3
  • AR68.30-P-8150Q.pdf
    275.5 KB · Views: 3
These are the WIS procs you need, one for the outer panel, the second for the boot lid inner trim:
Hi Codger and thank you for your input. Thurs I had a crack at this and eventually managed to remove the back plastic panel giving access to the back of the led number plate lights. Couldn't find any obvious problems, so I cleaned the contacts with contact spray, the lights appeared to work satisfactorily so I put everything back together and went for a test-drive, bathing in the warm caress of a job satisfactorily completed. I arrived home and was on the point of turning off the motor when guess what ? The the dashboard lit up with a warning message about the b**tid bl**dy number plate light not working !!!

I've ordered new ordered new led light units so I'll have another go when they arrive - GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom