2005 CLS320 cutting out under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trouty

Car
2005 CLS320
Hi Guys

When I first start driving the car any attempt to use more than 1/3rd throttle will result in the engine cutting power suddenly. This will happen until you've been driving for 10 mins or so and then behave good as gold. It will also do this when the car has sat for an hour or so and the engine is still hot when restarted.

I have a Carsoft scanner and there are no fault codes showing at all, so I'm hoping that someone may have had experience of such a problem.

Hi Guys

When I first start driving the car any attempt to use more than 1/3rd throttle will result in the engine cutting power suddenly. This will happen until you've been driving for 10 mins or so and then behave good as gold. It will also do this when the car has sat for an hour or so and the engine is still hot when restarted.

I have a Carsoft scanner and there are no fault codes showing at all, so I'm hoping that someone may have had experience of such a problem.
Maybe crankshaft position sensor ?

Interesting suggestion but why should it only cause an issue for a short period of time when first started? Have you seen this before?

Thanks
MIKE

air in fuel lines
fuel filter partially blocked

Probably need to read the live data to see what is happening when it drops power.

Hi first make diagnostic by computer.
But most probably turbine geometry malfunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom