2005 CLS320 with comand system. Radio reception problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trouty

Car
2005 CLS320
Hi Guys

My radio has suddenly decided to show symptoms of a weak signal. Stations wont scan, and those that are programmed sound as though the aerial is unplugged.

I suspect that the aerial amplifier has gone bad and wondered if this is the likely problem? I can see several for sale on ebay but cannot locate it on the car. The attached photo is apparently the right part so can you help locate it. I've had a look behind the carpet on the left hand side of the boot but can't see anything like this.

This might be the same problem that I have with my cls 350. Though in mine, the car still drives but the central locking does not work.

Hi
I believe the Aerial amplifier is behind one of the C pillar trims, N/S i think, though its failure is normally indicated by a failure of the remote locking from distance.
The screen elements in the CLS are quite prone to failing, I also believe there is a capacitor somewhere in the circuit somewhere that i have heard can fail.
My radio reception in my CLS became really bad when i fitted LED bulbs in the number plate lights, have you replaced any bulbs in the car with LEDs recently? not necessarily the number plate lights.

Hi Andy. Just noticed that the central locking on the key fob isn't working either, and there's a constant whining sound coming from the left hand side of the boot where the fuses are. Luckily the car has keyless entry which is working. I've located an aerial amplifier which I believe is located behind the L/H c pillar. Do you have any experience in removing the c pillar trim. I don't want to ruin anything in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom