2005 e320 gearshift prob[wont shift up under acceleration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dexter11

Car
e320
hi,i have a 2005 e320 av 3.0 v6 diesel,and under acceleration it starts to jerk about whilst changing gear as if it wont change up and it can be quite servere at slow speeds has anyone had this before it is a 7g auto box . ta:dk:

dexter11 said:
hi,i have a 2005 e320 av 3.0 v6 diesel,and under acceleration it starts to jerk about whilst changing gear as if it wont change up and it can be quite servere at slow speeds has anyone had this before it is a 7g auto box . ta:dk:

Yes. It's what they do. They're rubbish gearboxes

any other ideas i would like to fix it

Use the search facility on W211 gearbox faults..plenty of information to be found, that will be helpful.

Unquestionably, they are not rubbish boxes, highly complex & certainly not without faults.

Splitpin

e320

many thanks sir,i will see what i can find out just thought forum folk might have an idea about it rather than telling me about there wifes c class estate :thumb:

Where are you based Dexter? There are lots who may be able to help you but a location might help point you to someone in the right part of the country.

Not all 7g's are bad, but they certainly get a bad rap from those who've had a bad experience (or two).

near newcastle in the north east mate,was just looking for some ideas if anyone had a similar prob.going to try changing the gear box oil i ahve heard that can help if you get it nice and clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom