2005 E350 Avantgarde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Car
Mercedes E350 AvantGarde 2005
With extreme regret, due to loss of job, I have to offer my E350 for sale.

It is a wonderful car, in great condition. It is what I'd call a 'mid facelift' car, in that in doesn't have the cosmetic facelift of 2006, but has the new engine and gearbox. To my mind it's a benefit that it still has SBC brakes, which I love.

I had the car converted to LPG in March of this year, though it could easily be converted back, and I would be amenable to a deal which involved me keeping the LPG kit to put on another car if the new owner did not want it. The kit is a BRC kit, of very high quality. I got a very discounted installation of around £1,400, due to the business owner being a friend, and having had a number of vehicles converted though him.

Being the six cylinder 272 bhp engine, it's as smooth as silk, and I believe, 6.7 seconds to 60. With the LPG conversion, and the 7 speed box, you can expect fuel costs of around 10 pence per mile.

The interior is excellent, with dark maple wood, and upgraded napa leather. Comand system as standard, but with the CD changer removed, and replaced with the Mcar interface to allow smartphone/ iphone, ipod integration.

The grey leather is unmarked, and all round it looks much younger than it's years.

The light blue bodywork is in excellent original condition, with no corrosion. It has minor parking dints, and a couple of scratches on bumpers. The 16 inch 5 spoke original alloys are almost unmarked, with a little very minor kerbing, but scarcely noticeable, I'd say at least 8/10.

I have spent around £5k on it since acquiring it on 1st Feb this year. This includes:

4 x new winter tyres (Avon) £500
4 x new summer tyres (Dunlop Blu Response) £500
New water pump and belt (£400)
New Battery £120
Warranty Direct Prestige Warranty £700 (balance to be transferred to new owner)
LPG conversion £1,400
Climate Control overhaul and new condensor £400
Full service in February
Oil service in August
Snow chains
Original Mercedes Roof bars plus two cycle racks, plus locks

I would ideally like to sell everything as a job lot, to somebody who might like to use it as I intended, as a family car capable of very cost effective trips across the continent, either to ski slopes, or summer holidays. This option would be offers around £6,500

Otherwise, I invite offers around £4,000 for the car as standard, without LPG, with either the winter, or summer tyres, without the Mcar, but with the balance of the warranty.

Either way, the car represents extremely good value, and is a great example of the W211.

Reduced to £5,000 for quick sale. But now excludes the extras which aren't fitted (winter tyres, roof bars and cycle carriers).

still for sale, offers invited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom