2005 e350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles.Y

Hi,
Looking to get a 2005 (54 plate) E350 and wonder if there are any significant changes made in the 06 facelift model. I was told that the 06 facelift has also 'sorted' out some technical issues found in the earier W211.

Also, are there any major issues related to the 2005 E350 model i.e. recalls, faults etc
Please advice.

By 2005 no. The 211 was a pretty much sorted car. The facelifted car, as facelifted car owners will tell you, is better to drive and even more improved. All depends on how much you want to spend.

An E350 will depreciate heavily and if the older car is several £k cheaper then it may be a better bet to buy.

Would you not consider a diesel model, or an E500 (most will tell you V8's are better but a 6 IMHO is a more tuneful sound). An E500 won't be that much heavier on fuel and a lot faster

Thanks.
I didn't know that the 2006 e-class facelift model has major mechical mods that make them a better drive.

Its my wife's car and will clock about 6k miles a year so a e350 is a better choice for us and cheaper to buy as a used than the equivalent e320 cdi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom