2005 T1N Sprinter lack of power after new exhaust!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sprinterhome

Car
Sprinter 311Cdi
Hello everyone, my first post on here, although I have been reading for while and know there are some very knowledgable people on here!

I really hope someone can help! I bought a 2005 MWB 311CDi Sprinter last year with 120K miles on the clock. I had it serviced by a garage I trust straight away and they assured me I had a good vehicle and I have been more than happy with the performance up until now.
Basically I was going pretty slowly and the silencer fell off, made me jump but got out picked it up and drove home, about 10 miles, very slowly not over 2000rpm or it got very noisy!

Now I've had a new silencer fitted the performance has dropped dramatically. It seems to accelerate OK in 1st and 2nd but there just seems to be a lack of acceleration going into the higher gears and just no power up hill.

The exhaust was bought from euro car parts and fitted my vehicle.

I have two questions 1. Could I have done any damage (to the turbo may be) driving without a
silencer?
2. What is causing the lack of power? could it just be a sensor?

Hope someone can help, let me know if any other info would help. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, my first post on here, although I have been reading for while and know there are some very knowledgable people on here!

I really hope someone can help! I bought a 2005 MWB 311CDi Sprinter last year with 120K miles on the clock. I had it serviced by a garage I trust straight away and they assured me I had a good vehicle and I have been more than happy with the performance up until now.
Basically I was going pretty slowly and the silencer fell off, made me jump but got out picked it up and drove home, about 10 miles, very slowly not over 2000rpm or it got very noisy!

Now I've had a new silencer fitted the performance has dropped dramatically. It seems to accelerate OK in 1st and 2nd but there just seems to be a lack of acceleration going into the higher gears and just no power up hill.

The exhaust was bought from euro car parts and fitted my vehicle.

I have two questions 1. Could I have done any damage (to the turbo may be) driving without a
silencer?
2. What is causing the lack of power? could it just be a sensor?

Hope someone can help, let me know if any other info would help. Thanks in advance.

This is a common occurrence.
The system you had installed is most likely restrictive due to its internal construction and more often than not a universal fit unit!
Look for reducer sleeves at either end to make it fit! A tell tale universal fit silencer.
The engine is not tolerant of restrictions as you have discovered.
A quicky DIY self diagnosis is drop the silencer off as it was when it originally broke and test run it!
If all your power is back, then take it back and have them put the job right!
All the best
Tuercas viejas
Senor Old Nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom