2005 Viano Air suspension, dash red light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkyeMerc

Car
Viano 2005
Hello forum, very newbie here and new to the Merc world.

I have come in possession of a '05 Viano and I had hoped it would be an ok car but having had it 1 day I have my first problem it seems:-
Collected yesterday and all was well, no warning lights etc. But today we all went for a run and there appeared a red light re suspension on the dash. When I turned in the car I heard compressor briefly run. Then red light came on at dash, in the rear there is a red light on the single button too. It appears to be sitting just like I got it yesterday when there was no warning.

Help would be gratefully appreciated, i have tried to search forum too but none seem to have had similar problem.

TIA

😉

Hi,
Whilst I have air suspension on my E320 the Viano seems a different beast, just from reading the fault reports that is .
So here is some reading for you :-
,'05 Viano 639 Air Suspension Failure
and when you have studied that, then there is plenty more info about and Google is your friend.
Don't get frightened by air suspension, it really is a very comfortable ride, and a common failure is the pump failing to maintain pressure.
You can by new piston rings and seals for these pumps and the parts are not expensive off of Ebay . look at www.bagpipingandy.com, he is very helpful.
Now of course it could be relays at fault, so you will need to find the relays and test them, you can do that simply with a 9 volt battery across the terminals.
Not only but also it could be the ride height sensors for which you might need the codes read.
If this is to be a long term purchase then you might consider getting your self a dedicated code reader such as an Icarsoft device which will help with diagnosis. Mine has paid for itself over and over.

Steve.

Thank you for the reply, I managed to track down the fault to the relay under the jack stowage area, which had water in it🙄 put another used one in and it works a treat, goes up and down on buttons and finds its own level when u set off. Warning lights gone and it's very comfy, also got a 2nd hand compressor and two airbags in the mix as a just in case😉. So just need some spare level sensors at some point just in case too.
Also have an icarsoft coming on Monday too boot, for any other faults that may crop up....😉

Here's to hitting 100thou and onwards, first Merc and hopefully one to hold onto!

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom