2005 W203 c180k coolant capacity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex163

Hi all just wondering if any one can give me a definitive answer to this.

My owners manual states the total capacity is 5.6l.

Haynes manual stated more like 8l.

can anyone help?

The handbook is probably the capacity when drained as you will never get all of the coolant out, Haynes might be quoting the capacity from "dry"

Do these not have a drain on the engine block to get the remaining coolant out?

Haynes states they do. However i cannot find it anywhere.

Do these not have a drain on the engine block to get the remaining coolant out?

Haynes states they do. However i cannot find it anywhere.

If there is one (Haynes can be somewhat inaccurate at times) then it may be difficult to see on a modern engine with covers and lots of pipework and wiring etc. Looking up from underneath with a torch may help.

If you want to change the coolant then you can always use a hose to flush the system, your Haynes manual may describe the process. Is there a reason you want to know this? Have you a problem with the cooling system?:)

No, not having any problems in particular. Just want to keep it in tip top condition. I have renewed the coolant last year (got about 5l out and replaced) Just been thinking about it recently as it was bugging me as i really wanted to renew it all. But then i thought if my owners manual stated the total capacity is 5.6l then perhaps i did get it all out. So thought i'd ask the question.

Looking from under the car on the offside of the block i cannot see anything that remotely looks like the drain plug in the image in my Haynes.

They also say you never need to change your ATF fluid. I take what dealers say with a pinch of salt. I think five year old coolant is old enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom