2005 W209 CLK bluetooth won't pair with iPhone6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petenaylor

Car
CLK 350 Convertible
Hi all

I have a 2005 CLK 350 with the comand and bluetooth module in the centre arm rest.

I am trying to pair it with my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0. The phone finds it as UHI-S2823 but won't pair.

I have tried putting in 5 numeric digits as a passcode, but it says on the phone not compatible.

It does connect momentarily on the comand, but then disconnects.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
i have the same setup and mine works, which way round are you doing the pair? i do it from holding the button on the module down and then when it blinks i pair via the phone, dont use the comand screen at all.

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. The bluetooth module blinks constantly and doesn't make any difference if I press the little button down. It doesn't seems to find the phone unless I go through the comand.

UHI-S2823 is not the correct bluetooth device. Which bluetooth module do you have at the centre arm rest? Note that iPhone does not support the SAP (rSAP) profile and the corresponding bluetooth module.

Diesel Benz is spot on as normal. You are trying to pair with the head unit's phone system and not the actual bluetooth module. The device you are trying to pair with only pairs headsets for privacy mode.

You need to put the bluetooth module into pairing mode first. If its a Mercedes device you have to hold down the pairing button until the blue light flashes faster. If it is the black HFP cradle, the button is in fact the bottom of the flat face (top) of the device. If it is a phone specific cradle, its probably a button on the top edge. The pairing code (for Mercedes cradles) is 62872 (which is "mbusa").

If its a Viseeo device without a screen, hold top button down for a few seconds until Pair light flashes. If its a ViseeO MB3/MB3+/MB4/MB4+ follow the menus on the device.

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom