2006 A170 (Petrol) in Limp Mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WelshLou

Car
2006 A170
Hi
My Mum has a 2006 A170 and today it went into Limp mode. It passed the Mot last week and sods law something has gone wrong.

The AA came out and emailed her a report as follows.

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 03B / SIM 2660042 - Mixture adaptation. Error Message : Value/signal outside range.0057 - Wheel speed sensor, front left. Error Message : Signal improbable.0050 - CAN signal from instrument cluster. Error Message : Tank level not plausible.00FB - Tank filling level sensor. Error Message : Electrical fault.0038 - Engine speed signal. Error Message : Open circuit/short circuit.Varios codes needs further investigation at garageEngine Oil Level Ok. Coolant Level Ok

Can anyone please identify for me which of these would have forced the car into Limp mode?

Thanks
Louis

Quick update, I forgot to say when she called the AA this morning the ESP and Abs lights had come on as the same time as the Limp mode.

She has been out this evening and no ESP or Abs lights and no Limp mode.

Would a speed sensor really trigger Limp mode? I had a 2007 C180 and has these lights when my sensor died and this didn't force Limp mode??

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom