2006 a209 7g

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjamess

Car
CLK320
Hi there.

Sorry if this information is already in this forum but I am unable to find it.

I am looking at buying a 2006 CLK 280 7G Sport and have a few questions.

1, Is the gearbox in this car like the DSG in the Audi A3 and the SMGII in the BMW where you can change gear manually or does it just lock the gear in the box so it will change normally up to the locked gear like in my old 208?

2, The roof... I noticed in some pictures of the boot that there is an area that the roof stows into. Is that collapsible when the roof is in its up position?

3, Roof pt 2... is it possible to remotely open using the key?

yes you can change manually & back to auto at drop of a hat.
the space in the boot for the roof can be stored out of the way
when the roof is up:thumb:it is possible to remotely open the roof using the key.

I bought a 2008 CLK 350 7G convertible last year - great car. You will like the 280 I'm sure.
Only thing to watch is that your engine # is not in the danger zone re balance shaft failures. Google it if you are not sure what this means, or post on here and someone will be able to help.
A 2006 car is right in the middle of when there were some serious QC issues on a balance shaft sprocket which can often lead to complete engine failure. Make sure you check before buying as failure is very common.
But only a certain range of engines were affected before MB fixed the rogue part. Make sure your engine is outside the problem range.
Otherwise, they are great cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom