2006 C200 CDI Uneven Revs, Heater & N33/2 Problem!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philiggy

Car
C180 Estate & C220 CDI
I've just bought a 2006 C200 CDI Avantgarde with some odd faults.

The revs are uneven,its terrible to drive when cold causing choppy changes.

The Heater is either red hot or freezing cold...nothing in between.

Its been on a STAR reader with no faults other than....

"Check N33/2 (Heater booster control module) Positioner signals fault.

Theres no setting in computer for this so I dont think its got one....HELP!

Confused
Phil

I've had uneven revs on a different car and it was an inlet manifold gasket leaking allowing unmetered air into the combustion chamber

Do you mean the idle isn't constant, surging up and down? How does the engine sound? How does it drive when warm?

Do you mean the idle isn't constant, surging up and down? How does the engine sound? How does it drive when warm?

Drives fine and sounds fine just revs not stable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pressure sensor on the rail can cause a bad idle but should show a code. Have you had the engine cover off, a small leak on the injector can cause a bad idle?

If the heater blows cold when actually set to the hot setting but then decides to blow hot and cold whilst still set in the hot position it suggest a cooling system air lock which may also effect the idle speed / stability of the engine "hunting is the term used" and the cars temperature guage may fluctuate as well when driving (but not always). I would let the engine cool down and check the coolant level before anything else. Saying that, if you have been to a garage to plugged into STAR then I would imagine they would have mentioned or checked the level of coolant at the time.

No it’s full hot on all but cold settings and I’ve cold as it should be on cold. Water system is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom