2006 c209 clk280

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ingin

Car
CLK280
I am looking at purchasing a 2006 CLK 280 and I thought that the 2006 model is a 7 speed auto, but a friend advises that this is not necessarliy so. The car has a sports pack, factory fitted I have been told and has "flappy paddles" on the steering wheel to use with the "M" setting gear selection. Also, it has no spare tyre, just some on the spot repair kit with a compressor.
Anyone have any thoughts on these two questions please

Thanks Ingin

Forgot to add, I have not yet seen the car, it is 5 hour round trip for me, so I am getting as much info before I make the visit.

I can't comment authoritively on the 7sp gearbox, but Parker's Guide implies that the 280 did only come with a 7sp, but this is not always accurate:

Mercedes-Benz CLK Coupé (02 on) - Facts & Figures - Parker's

I'm surprised that a car of the CLK's size is not able to fit a space saver wheel in the boot. But the repair kit you mention is increasingly being used by manufactureres. Puncture are very rare, so it could be argued that it makes little difference to most drivers. But if the puncture happens to you, I imagine you'll be saying something different! Those kits sometimes work OK, but I've heard of a few incidents when they are no substitute for a proper spare tyre. Personally, I'd enquire whether there is actually space for a spare in the boot of a CLK.

Good luck.

Last edited:
My current 02 CLK has a full size spare and my new soon to be 05 CLK also has a space saver and its a convertible... So dont know why they've gone to a pump kit..
The 280 was only ever made with a 7 Speed box..

My CLK coupé was also bought second-hand, first registered in January 2007. It came with the puncture repair kit, but I prefer the "old fashioned" real wheel and just asked the dealer if he would swap. Given that the front and rear wheels are different sizes, he threw in a 16" steel rimmed spare, and that fits with no no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom