2006 C220 cdi Fumes in cab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
I have started getting fumes into the inside of my 2006 220 cdi.

I am feeling it’s engine fumes more than exhaust fumes.
I did reposition the rubber around the heater vent intake and thought I had fixed it but it’s back.
are these known for this problem? I notice a switch on the breather pipe to the air filter box, can someone explain it’s operation or any other advice please.

the engine is good snd burns no oil.

Thanks Ken

Often this is down to injector bypass.
Lift your engine cover and with a torch look for black tar around injector/s

The air intake should have the Mass Air Flow meter, also there is a pressure sensor and temperature.
Not switches but analogue senders.

Difficult to guess what engine fumes are. To my mind aside from exhaust anything else that smells would leave evidence.
Aside from AC gasses, but they wouldn't niff for long

The air intake should have the Mass Air Flow meter, also there is a pressure sensor and temperature.
Not switches but analogue senders.

Difficult to guess what engine fumes are. To my mind aside from exhaust anything else that smells would leave evidence.
Aside from AC gasses, but they wouldn't niff for long
Thanks
I can see something small with wires on what I think is a breather pipe going to the filter box
the heater and pollen filter intake has a rubber seal around it. I was thinking this may not be sealing as last time I moved it a little the fumes stopped but not this time.

I did wonder if fumes were getting in the tailgate Est version. But the small is a sickly smell like blow by but I could be wrong.

Thanks Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom