2006 c220 cdi more power / gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maf155

Car
alfa 155
so i have had my c220 cdi for a few months now and it is all serviced and up to date. in the near future brembo calipers and 330 discs will go on.
then i might look at a little extra oomph, not a huge amount just a bit extra.
obviously a remap comes to mind ... any advice on that would be great.
but i have read the gearbox cant take alot more is this true ?

Take the car to a reputable re mapper like MSL or GAD and they will be well aware of the capabilities of the transmission on your 220cdi and remap it safely.
You mention "not a huge amount, just a bit extra" so you shouldn't have any concerns the transmission will fail.

Are the Brembo calipers and bigger discs for cosmetic appearance as you'll not need any more stopping power than your current set up can give you? You'd need to check the mounting dimensions for the Brembo's as they may be different to your present set up.

Hi amgeed. I aren't going down the route of bigger turbo and the like. Just a sensible remap and when the old exhaust need replacing to get one made up with sports cat. I guess about 30 extra hp and 50 ft-lb torque would be more than enough.
The brakes are from factory Merc range twin piston calipers. Test fit done and now waiting for the back plates to arrive.
No not just for looks not totally happy with the single piston set... Feels a bit weak even though they are in good condition.

Just checked out Msl that would be where I would take it.
Car is a 2006 sport edition engine code 646.
I am used to driving petrol v6s but this car was too nice to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom