2006 C220 CDI Sport Tyres wearing strange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
I have a 2006 220 cdi sport.
The front tyres tend to take off the very inside edge. It’s a shame as it messed up a couple of tyres Early.
the steering has been checked snd the rest of the tyre wears perfectly with no feathering. It’s just the last 1/2” across the top and 1/2” down .
i Wondered if the Sport has different Geometry to the rest of the range as when in a full lock the wheels lean into the corners like a motorcycle.
I was thinking of setting to Tow in a little and see if this alters things

any ideas

Thanks

I have a 2006 220 cdi sport.
The front tyres tend to take off the very inside edge. It’s a shame as it messed up a couple of tyres Early.
the steering has been checked snd the rest of the tyre wears perfectly with no feathering. It’s just the last 1/2” across the top and 1/2” down .
i Wondered if the Sport has different Geometry to the rest of the range as when in a full lock the wheels lean into the corners like a motorcycle.
I was thinking of setting to Tow in a little and see if this alters things

any ideas

Thanks
Do you drive over speed bumps a lot ?
Age of tyres …very old ?
Tyre pressures ?
You say steering was checked , do you mean it’s had a 4 wheel alignment on a Hunter machine or similar ?

Do you drive over speed bumps a lot ?
Age of tyres …very old ?
Tyre pressures ?
You say steering was checked , do you mean it’s had a 4 wheel alignment on a Hunter machine or similar ?
Just normal driving.
very few speed bumps and I run 31psi
The rest of the tyre is perfect. It looks like it gets too much lock or even touching something in a lock but can’t see anything. .
The alignment was set on a quality machine although not in a Mercedes dealership.

These winter tyres so the rubber may be a fraction softer. Use because I can get them at a good price and the do everything well apart from this

Attachments

• 15E3D969-8E5A-48B4-8021-72D287FF5291.jpeg
    15E3D969-8E5A-48B4-8021-72D287FF5291.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Good evening,
this is my first post on the site.
I have a 2018 GLC and my front tyres are feathering at the outside edges, this is the second set of front tyres and the GLC has done 25500 miles since new. I checked the tyres today and the outside edge of the rubber on the tyre is breaking off, the rest of the tyres are ok.
I have a service contract and asked the Service Manager at my local Mercedes dealership why this was happening and he said it was because of the camber that was set by mercedes and he couldn't do anything about it.
Has anyone else had the same problem and been able to solve it. I use Michelin premium tyres.

Hello and welcome . Have you Googled 'Mercedes Benz GLC crabbing issues' ?

If not be prepared for some strange stories about this particular car in right hand drive models.

Good evening,
this is my first post on the site.
I have a 2018 GLC and my front tyres are feathering at the outside edges, this is the second set of front tyres and the GLC has done 25500 miles since new. I checked the tyres today and the outside edge of the rubber on the tyre is breaking off, the rest of the tyres are ok.
I have a service contract and asked the Service Manager at my local Mercedes dealership why this was happening and he said it was because of the camber that was set by mercedes and he couldn't do anything about it.
Has anyone else had the same problem and been able to solve it. I use Michelin premium tyres.
Ii would get the tracking checked first.
as suspensions settle over the years the steering can alter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom