2006 C230 2.5 V6 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sym0n

Car
2006 C230 Evo Panorama SE
Hi all, really hoping that someone can help.

My C230 threw a P2006 (Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 1) error code and after removing the Intake Manifold I discovered the whole unit needed replacing, so sadly the cheap fix went out the window. I also found that the MAP Sensor was broke, so I replaced that, along with the Shut-Off Valve gasket, as I had to remove that to allow me to get the Intake Manifold out.

I purchased a new Intake Manifold and gaskets and went about refitting everything last night, following WIS. Everything went smoothly and it was back in one piece after a few hours, no bolts left over and all connectors clipped in place.

However, when I started the car up it kicked up easily but then instantly ran rough, misfired and cut out. I thought it might not have fueled properly, as I'd had to remove and refit the fuel rail so had depressurised the system, so gave it a few more goes. It revved throughout the range and revved easier higher up, but still misfired, and would eventually continue running, albeit very lumpy, stilling missing and sounding like it was very underpowered.

I tried resetting the throttle position (Key to position 2, pedal down for 5 secs, key to off but left in for 3 minutes) but this had no effect.

I've read the codes it's now showing and they are:
  • P0103 - Mass Airflow (MAF) Circuit High Air Flow and HIgh Voltage Output
  • P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

I also noticed, during refitting, that one of the clips on the Throttle Housing connector was broke. To ensure it stayed in place, after clipping it on, using the one working clip, I zip tied it in place. This might not be relevant, but I'm trying to cover all the bases in one post.

I'm really hoping that I don't have to go through removing the whole thing and refitting it again - or worse taking it to a mechanic - but I'll do what I need to do to get back on the road before Christmas.

Thanks for any help or suggestions, in advance.

Sy

It is so easy to damage the inlet manifold gaskets when refitting the manifold. I would test for air leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom