2006 c350 misfire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matc350

Car
C350 v6 auto 2006
So, I am newbie on here.
But I have come here as my last resort before I give up on it......

I have a 2006 c350 v6 petrol sport edition🙈🙈

it started with what I thought was the broken actuator arm on the notorious inlet manifold issue, this was repaired along with other bits.

said item was refitted, having fingers crossed it resolved the problem...... Well It didn’t!!!!!!

car starts fine and runs fine for say 10secs then EML flashes and stays on and engine idles rough. But upon throttle pressure revs ok, maybe some hesitation but revs to the higher figure fine.

but when idling it sit below 1000rpm with noticeable engine movement more than normal felt through car. When in drive with break depressed it feels as though it will cut out. But hasn’t as yet!

No unsightly smoke from exhaust.

it was plugged into a diagnostics and numerous fault codes were displayed
3 codes for misfire on cylinder 1/2/3
AND with what I didn’t really wanna see (and I was aware I maybe taking a risk when buying)
the dreaded code p1200 and 1208.

first I changed all plugs but misfire was still there.

But when connecting coil packs after inlet manifold re install I noticed that the coil pack connector not the wiring connector to the coil pack was broken on no 4 cylinder!
. So my thinking is the next port of call is a new coil pack.

but having done many hours research re the codes and it being only the right bank cylinder misfire. I am beginning to think I maybe a unfortunate sufferer of the Mercedes balance shaft saga that sadly puts these awesome cars in the scraper😢😢

I just don’t know what more I can do and financially I need to make the call with what I do with it?
my heart is saying don’t give up, but my head is saying cut my losses.

so my last resort is here, does anyone here have any experience or dealings with this?
Or if there is anything I’ve missed and not tried that would rule out the me putting the final nail in the coffin for my beloved car and write it off???

PLEASE! Any advice would be gratefully received even if it’s what I didn’t need confirming.
I just can’t keep throwing money at it if it’s gonna turn out that it is a balance shaft issue with a repair cost of £2500-3500!

if it is bad news........ realistically what would I get re sale?

Thanks all

sorry for the long read And Merry Christmas

Also
Knowing that coil 4 is broken, would anyone say this has any bearing on 1/2/3 cylinder firing sequence causing the misfires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom