2006 CLK 350 Cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeadman

Car
2006 CLK 350
Purchased last week with only 35,900 miles. Really pleased everything works as it should.

The only issue is on the roof where the fabric meets the glass vertically on both the left & right hand side, it is coming away from the seal around the rear window.

Looking for a recommendation of who could fix this issue around the Birmingham/ West Midlands area or has anybody else had a similar problem Failing that maybe a new roof any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Purchased last week with only 35,900 miles. Really pleased everything works as it should.

The only issue is on the roof where the fabric meets the glass vertically on both the left & right hand side, it is coming away from the seal around the rear window.

Looking for a recommendation of who could fix this issue around the Birmingham/ West Midlands area or has anybody else had a similar problem Failing that maybe a new roof any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mike
Give Jay at Mercland a ring , he is just outside Brum

Look up " CLK water pockets" here and on the t'internet. Known weak point and can often be fixed with 2 safety pins!

Congrats on car - my good lady has a CLK240 cab and loves it to death. They are such a pretty car!

Feel free to post pics

You could always try Aldridge Trimming, I've had work done by them before and they're the cream. There's a possibility you could fix it yourself, raise the hood till the back window is horizontal and clear of the hood, you'll find that the shape of the opening is maintained by a wire loop, held by the fabric folding over it, the adhesive lets go with age and the wire starts to pull loose. With care, you can fold the fabric back where it belongs and glue it. I used a black super glue with a rubber content which allows it to remain flexible after drying. careful not to glue the wire itself. Once the hood is partly up, keep the engine running to keep pressure in the system. Eventually, after about 8 minutes, the pump will overheat and turn itself off, letting the hood drop, not desirable, close it before this point, give it ten minutes and repeat. It worked for me, and unless you're really cack handed you'll not harm anything. :) Let us know what you wind up doing.

Great will give Jay a call on Monday.

Cheers

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom