2006 CLS 320CDI diesel fuel filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbishton

Car
2006 CLS 320Cdi
Hi all,

I have just looked online to buy a diesel fuel filter for my 2006 CLS 320CDI and found there are two available.

One with a water sensor coupling and one without.

As I don't have the car with me today, I am wondering which one my car has - or could have?

Could I buy the one with the water sensor, even if my car doesn't have the wiring in the hope it a) fits and b) would, I assume, have some sort of water separator inbuilt which the other one doesn't?

Or do I just need to wait until I get back to my car and have a look, again assuming I can see which one I need from simply removing the engine cover?

Thanks!

If you post your VIN, forum members could check EPC against it and maybe identify the part number for your car.

My copy of EPC shows A 646 092 05 01 Fuel filter without heating element and water level sensor against your VIN. Its not valid for vehicles fitted with option U41 (Fuel - water seperator, U43 (net sideways in cargo space) and U83 (no description given) The datacard for your VIN does not show any of these options.

It does have a note to say its important to determine the part number at the vehicle before ordering. There were 3 other filters, but all were 'greyed out' for your VIN.

Thank you - thats really helpful and very much appreciated!

Regards
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom