2006 Cls front door handle removal.

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by Alistair Ross A, May 20, 2017.

1. Alistair Ross A

Alistair Ross A New Member

Car:
    CLS
    Hi, I have to replace the drivers side front door handle as the keyless door entry stoped working on my 2006 Cls, I purchased the handle and had to get MB to paint it to correct colour as it only comes undercoated ,by the way they made a great job of it in MB Belfast. After watching a YouTube video on how to remove the handle it seamed an easy job to do all I had to do was to pull back a bit of door seal opposite the handle which uncovered a small hole then using the correct torx screwdriver start to unscrew the small screw holding the door lock in position, this has to be removed before you slide the door handle back to remove it, just one problem after removing the small screw which holds the lock in position the lock mechanism just won't come out you can see that its loose but I'm wondering is there anything else holding it or is there a technique required. Hope some good person can in lighten me. :dk: Thanks Alistair.

2. Dec

Dec MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C180,A.
  3. AMGeed

AMGeed Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 E63 Biturbo