2006 CLS new keyless door handle colour coding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alistair Ross A

Car
CLS
Hi I bought a new drivers side keyless door handle for my 2006 CLS as the switches has got water in them and no longer work but found that Mercedes don't sell them colour coded, when I took it to a bodyshop in my town for painting they said the chrome section on top of the handle would need to be removed and the rubber buttons switches also to spray the handle correctly, spoke to Mercedes parts guy who sold me the handle and he said he never had that problem before but to bring the handle up to them and they would see if there bodyshop could do the job. I am wondering can the handle be stripped down and even the new button switches be replaced on my old door handle instead rather than getting the new handle repainted? Hope someone has had this problem also and can advise me. :(

Everything comes apart ;-) .....getting it back together can be difficult but sure someone on here will know how [emoji1303]

Unfortunately the micro switches cannot be replaced. One of the members on here did try it and it worked temporarily, but didn't last long.
Have you thought about wrapping it??

You can buy new rubbers for the buttons but they are £63 a pair..

Can I ask what colour the one you have is? When I ordered one online for my 2006 CLK it came in the same black paint as the rest of the car - I thought the colour code was a suffix to the part number.

Yep - just checked the handle for mine, the last few digits of the part number indicate the colour:

handle.jpg

Last edited:
Should have come colour coded when you bought it.

Unfortunately these handles don't I asked when I ordered it, would have made things much easier .

That's just my point Alistair - they do. I ordered mine and it came in the colour I needed. I gave them the exact part number and it arrived colour coded to my car.

I used this site: Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

I finished up calling them as I couldn't get the payment to go through, they were very helpful. I can't image the colour coding thing is model specific or anything - in fact, is your part number similar to mine? I think both our cars borrowed from the W211.

They used to come colour coded not any more :mad: Bl**dy MB accountants :fail:ban:

I have had a couple on the old CL painted without any clenching of teeth :rolleyes: from my bodyshop + they fitted them :thumb:

That's unsporting. That's happened within the last 12 months then - either that I was very lucky and got one of the last prepainted ones.

I own a bodyshop and also replaced a handle on my cls. Mine didnt come painted, i tried to strip the handle but felt the chrome would break when being removed so masked it and the button. Just takes a bit of patience.

I own a bodyshop and also replaced a handle on my cls. Mine didnt come painted, i tried to strip the handle but felt the chrome would break when being removed so masked it and the button. Just takes a bit of patience.

On something so small I reckon you could get a near perfect job at home with colour coded rattle cans and a can of laquer. £20 all in

Thank you for this information, hopefully the Mercedes bodyshop in Belfast will be able to do a professional job also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom