2006 CLS Rear window problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alistair Ross A

Car
CLS
Hi has anyone had a problem with there rear windows coming away from the window carrier which holds the window in place at the bottom and carries the window up and down, I removed the doorcard to reveal that the window seemed to be held in place with a silicone type adhesive but this had gone very crumbly and lost it's adhesion maybe because the cars 11 years old, there is only 24500 miles on the car so the window has been used very little. Can the window be glued back into position again and will it be expensive for Mercedes to do it? PS I wonder is this a problem I face with all the windows?:dk:

Yes I had exactly the same problem with my 2006 CLS, I took it to Mercedes Belfast and they were able to rebond it with windscreen bond and it seems to have sorted out the problem but I am waiting for the same to happen with the other side but so far so good. I think it cost me around £280 but you know what Mercedes prices are like, I now have a problem with my front drivers side window as it will slowly move forward over a period of time but you can move it back again, I think the front windows are held in place by clamping screws which clamp the window in place,hopefully they can be tightened to fix the problem. My car also had only around 23 or 24 thousand miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom