2006 CLS W219 Front Grille Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjpbarnes

Car
'06 Mercedes CLS320 CDI
Hi all, just thought I'd share a recent upgrade I did myself. Easy to do, requiring little knowledge, I replaced the grille on the front of my recently purchased 2006 CLS 320 CDI.

I think it sets the front of nicely, makes it look a bit newer. Love the back of the car as it is and will keep the rest of it stock.

Got the part on Amazon Prime, next Day delivery - boom! Might not be to everyone's taste, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• 20160730_170437.jpg
    20160730_170437.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20160731_162139.jpg
    20160731_162139.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 116
more pics

2 more shots of it.

Attachments

• 20160730_170443.jpg
    20160730_170443.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160731_162143.jpg
    20160731_162143.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 90
I think it looks really good mate. I also recently got a CLS 320 cdi and changing the grille was one of a number of plans I had for the car. Thanks for posting the pics.

The original grill looks way better IMO

Personally I prefer the 3 slatted pre facelift amg grill but I think it's an improvement on the original.

The original is starting to look dated when the rest of the car isn't.

I think it's an improvement. Although I prefer to keep things stock, I think the CLS is one of the few models that really suit the newer single fin grills.

Definitely the 3 fin grille AMG style for the win.

Only for real ones though :)

Doesnt really matter its a piece of moulded plastic that doesnt denote AMG, the bloke i sold my CLS to liked it.. Just a bit of a change from the god awful 1 fin or the looking dated 4 fin grille.

Last edited:
Ive seen these on Ebay, been tempted, look quite good.

Mine has AMG kit (but isn't AMG:D), think it will match up good if I go down that route, not sure yet.

Ive seen these on Ebay, been tempted, look quite good.

Mine has AMG kit (but isn't AMG:D), think it will match up good if I go down that route, not sure yet.

Oem AMG grilles are £380 plus vat.

I had an aftermarket grill on my old CLS.

It was a 3 slat AMG style with a distronic look, but it had no chromes on it and all slats were smooth. That was the reason i chose it, looked very clean imo.

I had an aftermarket grill on my old CLS.

It was a 3 slat AMG style with a distronic look, but it had no chromes on it and all slats were smooth. That was the reason i chose it, looked very clean imo.

I had the same grille on my old CLS with the oem distronic star definitely freshens the front end up. Horses for course imo the single fin ebay jobs just make the car look cheap.

That pic makes me want to get a lip.

Cant see me spending that on a grill, id look for used, but I expect they get snapped up fast.

Thats what i did, paid £80 for a OEM grille £20 to repaint. The distronic star was pricey at £135 plus vat not many of those available 2nd hand.

KillerHERTZ said:
That pic makes me want to get a lip.
lol me too mate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom