2006 E55 AMG " lowest mileage anywhere!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do love the W211 but in white it looks like a taxi cab.

It will be interesting to see how long it’s up for sale though; if it was a UK car in a normal colour I could see it going for that kind of money but you’ve always got that doubt with an import that the mileage isn’t what’s on the clock...

Rather poverty spec and will have nav and radio issues to sort out i expect

I agree with SPX on the colour , same goes for some of the Japanese import C55's I have seen in white. Just doesn't look right.

Oh, and for CHRISSSSSAKES put the bloody steering wheel central before taking photos. Pet hate. Rant over

Not keen on the colour, or spec.

Wonder if it would be in the higher (£570 PA) tax bracket too being that it’s a 2006 registered car.

Having said all that, it does look in excellent condition, but you’d expect that for the mileage and asking price :)

If you like white W211 saloons then..maybe :cool:

I spotted this on C&C last night. Interesting they changed the front bumper and boot lid - they are normally the thinner variety on Jap imports.

I don't mind it too much in white but I'd prefer it if it was black or Tektite like I had.

No import's are not subject to the Higher tax bracket. they default to the earlier bracket.

With a change of alloys, I rather like this white E55:banana:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Strange how a lot of Japanese MB imports are white. Must have been regarded as a luxury colour perhaps.

No import's are not subject to the Higher tax bracket. they default to the earlier bracket.

I remember an import E55K a couple of years back, that was in the higher tax bracket:

Last E55k produced

Can’t check this white ‘55k as the plate has been transferred. Not a deal breaker either way but an extra £245 PA every year would be unfortunate!

My wife's 2006 Import Honda is in the old style band

Ive also seen a GL420 Import that was in the old style band too.

What’s the date of registration though and the emissions of the Honda, if it’s pre March 2006 you only pay the lower rate even if it’s above band K. I remember looking at 997s and they varied depending on the date (some were pre and some were post March ‘06 obviously)

But the other imported E55 I linked to above, was definitely in the higher banding.

Surprised at the GL420, they only came out in 2006 - not sure what month the first ones were registered, and even the 320 diesels are in the top banding. Maybe a very early example? :)

The dealer who sold us the car said it’s the old style ved because it is a imported vehicle will, It’s all he does import Jap vehicles.

I asked a colleague at work who has been married to a Japanese lady for tens of years, and who is quite up on Japanese culture.

Apparently their colour is red also (as per Japanese flag) but it annoys them the Chinese also have red in their flag.

The only significance of white is death apparently!

So who knows.

One reason they like left hookers over there is because left hookers are imports and are not subject to the same restrictions in power as the home made cars.

I always understood it was "cool" in their minds to get out on the kerb from the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom