2006 S211 E220CDI Avantgarde facelift E-Class estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Troon

MB Enthusiast
Car
A big one
OK, the time has come after three-and-a-half years and 76k miles. A company car offer I really can't refuse means my S211 is up for sale.

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow once I have some daylight; here are the usual details:

• Cubanite Silver (sort of pale champagne colour)
  • 170PS, 400Nm OM646 EVO engine with no DPF to worry about
  • 5-speed auto gearbox
  • 148k miles, mostly motorway
  • 5-seater, so cavernous space under the boot floor
  • Avantgarde spec: xenon headlamps etc.
  • COMAND navigation with aux-in; DVD upgraded to v10 (2009/10)
  • Black leather interior with heated seats
  • Facelift: so no SBC to worry about
  • Rear parking sensors
  • Detachable Westfalia towbar with twin 7-pin electrics (only the main socket is wired in via a dedicated loom. I haven't needed the supplemental socket so the wiring needs finishing if you need it.)
  • Harmon Kardan Drive&Play iPod kit fitted (link): can be removed or left in at buyer's request.
  • Mini 0801 dashcam hardwired in: can be removed or left in at buyer's request.

I've done all the routine servicing myself, usually at less than the standard intervals. Recent oil changes have been every 10k (easier to remember!) with MB229.5 spec Shell Helix. The ATF has been changed twice, at 73k and 130k. Other expected replacements have been done by main dealers or good independents: full service history available on request.

The car is located in Lichfield. I'm looking for £5,500, no p/ex: PM me if interested!

Some pictures:

DSC_9051.jpg

DSC_9064.jpg

Many more pictures in this album, showing:

• Debadged bootlid
  • Dashcam installation, invisible from driver's seat
  • Viseeo MB-2 Bluetooth adaptor: this is suffering from a "low volume" issue whereby the other end can hear you but the volume in the car is low. The adaptor can easily be replaced for another UHI socket module if you want in-car phone capability
  • Harmon Kardan iPod adaptor installation
  • Detachable towbar
  • A couple of windscreen chips than have been there since I bought the car. I was hoping they'd develop so I could get a new screen, but they haven't. Neither is in the view of the driver.
  • A small rust patch on the rear window trim on one side. This trim piece is easily removed if you wanted to take it to a bodyshop for a proper repair. I've touched it up once but it needs doing again
  • Very small scuff on the rear bumper by the n/s wheelarch
  • A few stonechips on the front as you'd expect for the mileage
  • 40.4mpg on the trip over the last 20k miles, which includes a trip to France fully loaded, numerous trips to the peaks 5-up with five bikes on board and a lot of sitting on the M40. The computer over-reads by 2-3mpg (more). One of the other photos shows what can be done if driven carefully!
  • Hidden cubby hole. The car did have a CD changer, but I never used it so it was sold to fund the dashcam.
  • Various loadspace options with cargo net in both positions; and the underfloor space

The car also comes with an "Easy Pack storage box": a trimmed plastic box that sits the full width of the car behind the rear seats to "square off" the slope of the rear seats in the boot. It provides a hidden space for packing delicate items, accessed by folding the rear seats down.

Brochure and price list for this model. I make the new retail price £39,192.

I'm open to offers: if there's no interest from here in a couple of days, it'll be going on Autotrader and eBay.

Bump at £5300, going on Autotrader at that price this evening.

Provisionally sold, subject to payment and collection at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom