2006 SL350 Removing Rear Sam How To

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveburden

Car
SL350
Hi I currently have a problem with my SL350. I need to remove the rear sam and gain access to the printed circuit board which I believe slides out so I can check for corrosion. Reasons for doing this is I have a problem when the car is locked up. The central locking will not open, glove box and compartments, mirrors will not fold out and boot will not open or soft close. I accidentally found that if I took the power of the PSE for 10 seconds and reconnected the fuse it came back to life and everything worked. The problems occur when the car goes into sleep mode for some reason it does not wake the pse back up. The only way is to remove power and apply power. As long as I dont lock the door for more then 10 seconds ie Keep it open all day everything opens and closes as it should do. Only happens when I lock it all up for more then 10 or so seconds. So im fairly sure its a signal from the sam and as I have had a green fur issue in there before I think its the same. Last time my mate took it out and slid the board out in about 30 seconds but can not get hold of him today and I just cant figure it out. I have taken the 2 nuts off holding it down so I can swing it out, but what now? hope you guys can help. Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom