2006 SL500 iphone solution?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kourosh

Car
SL500 2007
Hello all,

What is the best way to integrate an S4 iphone (both phone and music) into an R230 2006 SL500?

I have just bought my car (having gone SL350 to 335i to SL500) which has telephone pre-wiring. The bluetooth on comand actually detects my phone, which comes up on the screen, but then I get a message 'waiting to activate phone'.

Is there a way of using the phone by bluetooth and playing music through comand?

Many thanks

Thanks - it looks like integrating the phone is fairly straightforward by installing one of the cradles.

However, is there a better way of playing music from the iphone on Comand? I see that MB-3 streams audio to FM, but my experience of FM streaming devices has not been great. I found major problems with interference or lost signal.

I assume you have Comand NTG1 (has a seperate nav processor in the boot). The NTG1 in the SL has no aux input and doesnt support the Mercedes ipod kit.

Although you have phone pre-wire I think your best option would be the mCar. Dont buy a cradle for Mercedes pre-wire, use the mCar instead for phone and bluetooth audio streaming.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: mCar Phone & Digital iPod interface for Mercedes NTG1/NTG2 vehicles

Upgrading to the later Comand NTG2.5 which has aux input and supports the Mercedes Ipod Kit is possible but costly especially if you have HK audio system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom