2006 Vito 115CDI light issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulw71

Car
2006 Vito 115CDI
Hi,
New to the forum and new to the Vito.
I bought this Vito a couple of weeks back. It was returned to the van company due to a leaking injector which has now been sorted.
Last night was the first night I drove it in the dark and I noticed something odd with the dashboard lighting. When I turn my headlights on, the dashboard lights fade and go out. All that remains lit is the panel showing the mileage. Turn to sidelights and the dash lights up and then fades out? Not only is the cluster dark but so is the rest of the dashboard.
What could be causing this? I'm happy to tinker but no idea where to start.
I looked for a dimmer switch but there doesn't seem to be one. I did read that the dimmer switch is the reset button but this does nothing.
I like the van, very tidy and nice to drive but no good if I can't see how fast I'm going when it's dark.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Paul

Just an update.
Tonight whilst out I notice if I turn my side lights on, the dashboard lights up fine. When I switch to headlights, there is a pause before the lights come on and then the dashboard fades to black.

possibly you just need to turn the dash lights up, if I recall it is with the + switch on the rh side of the dash and the - brings it down, the delay when switching the lights on is normal.

What audio system do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom