2006 W203 Aux Input

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trophy1200

Car
W203 C180K
Probably been asked before but couldn't find relevant info through search.

I have a 2006 W203 with Comand APS retrofitted, I would like to fit the aux socket into my glovebox but need to know which way to do it?????

I have found the white socket in the passenger footwell, so the question is, do I need to fit the aux cable to that socket, or do I need a cable to fit into the back of the Comand unit? :confused: :confused: :confused:

In either case can some kind soul provide me with the part number for the rerquired connection cable? I have found this cable, A 203 540 61 07 which I believe is the one to connect to the socket in the footwell.

I know about the availability of the IPod kits but as I don't own one it would be cost prohibitive to buy the kit AND the IPod.

I just want to connect an mp3 player via the socket in the glovebox.

Thanks in advance to all of you helpfull people out there.

Kev

I don't know if it makes any difference but for 203.046 the part number A210 440 50 05 has been used up to 14/03/2006, the part number A203 440 18 08 since then. I assume the connector housing is just different. But you would actually need the connector housing, usually when the AUX connector is installed directly to Comand, the housing is removed and pins placed to the existing Comand connector.

By the way, EPC does not find anything for the part number you gave above.

Thanks for the response.

The number I quoted shows on Inchcape at £16.66, the first number you give (50 05)shows at £19.47 and the second you give (1808) shows at £9.83, all excl. VAT and delivery.

Only problem is there's no description for any of them, which I expected. I know that none of them are super expensive, but would still prefer to get the correct one first time, and know where it connects.

Any further help or advice appreciated.

Kev

Does the socket you found have three wires connected, black, yellow and brown? I assume you could buy any of the cables and if the socket does not fit, then connect wires directly.

It should be possible to fit the AUX cable also directly to the rear connector of Comand. Just remove the housing from the cable and insert each wire to the existing housing. It would have wires connected already, those that go to the connector you found. Three pins plus one shield wire that can all be disconnected in this case. Since it would be easier to work with the connector at the foot well, I would figure out a solution for that.

The correct cable from the two above depends on your car VIN. This has changed during 2006, an exact delivery date would be needed. The first one is for chassis number "up to" A907501, the second one obviously from A907502 onwards.

Thanks for that, unfortunately on Richard's site it shows yet another cable, A1695404908, which seems to plug directly into the Comand.

So many choices.

Kev

Thanks for that, unfortunately on Richard's site it shows yet another cable, A1695404908, which seems to plug directly into the Comand.

So many choices.

Kev

The 169 part number will go straight into the appropriate segment on the connector on the back of COMAND. I used it on A class install. The ML version of the same thing is A164 540 65 07 - you could buy it and replace any existing wiring

I think that what happened in early 06 is MB dropped the intermediate connector, so before that (and for comand 2.0) the A210 440 50 05 was used - and after that they switched to a single cable

Diesel Benz has posted the chassis number switchover date - if you are lucky ou have the intermediate connector, thus saving you removing the COMAND

Can you send us a photo of the white connector you have found ?

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, I'll sort a photo out a little later. The white connector that I found in the footwell is clipped between two other connector blocks, with plugs in the other two.

The Comand was retrofitted by Alex (speedybiker) and replaced the original Audio 20, so I would imagine that the intermediate cable that you refer to would be the one in the footwell.

I will try to sort a photo later this evening.

Thanks again,

Kev

Here's some photos, sorry they're not brilliant. The white plug is actually in a block of 4 not 3.

Aux1.JPG

Aux2.JPG

Aux3.JPG

I know they're not brilliant but trying to hold the harness, focus and take the pics in fading light was fun, trust me.

That looks like the intermediate connector to me - but I dont have the other bit around to compare.
Does you chassis number mean it should be the A210 part ?

R

From memory there are 2 black, 1 brown or red and 1 yellow wires.

Chassis number sent by PM. Thanks again.

Kev

Last edited:
Looks like Richard has confirmed which cable I need.

HI
I cant find the changeover date for the Rxxxxxx chassis numbers
But, that connector does look just like the one that the A210 xxx xx xx part number plugs into

Richard

A BIG thank you to all for your help, I'll check the price at the stealer and from Inchcape and get one on order.

Thanks again

Kev

That connector does look like the A210 Aux lead connector to me.

Check with Alex (Speedybiker) if he cabled the aux wires into the C2 for you. I'm assuming your car is a pre-facelifted one with Comand 2 here.

I fitted Part No A2104405005 to my CLK with Audio 20.
The connector in the passenger footwell looked identical to the white one in your photo, it had 4 wires too.

Russ

That connector does look like the A210 Aux lead connector to me.

Check with Alex (Speedybiker) if he cabled the aux wires into the C2 for you. I'm assuming your car is a pre-facelifted one with Comand 2 here.

Hi Alfie, car is post facelift 06 plate with Comand APS.

Cheers

Kev

Picked the lead up this afternoon and fitted. Now got 200 tracks on my mp3 player to listen to. Now no need for a CD changer and I can leave my map disc in the Comand.

Just need to secure the socket now as the punch out hole is a little too big, may even fit a chrome washer on the inside of the glovebox around the socket to make it look nicer.

Thanks to all for their help and part numbers.

Kev

Picked the lead up this afternoon and fitted. Now got 200 tracks on my mp3 player to listen to. Now no need for a CD changer and I can leave my map disc in the Comand.

Just need to secure the socket now as the punch out hole is a little too big, may even fit a chrome washer on the inside of the glovebox around the socket to make it look nicer.

Thanks to all for their help and part numbers.

Kev

Mine was not too good as fit either, I put one of those adhesive felt pads that stop furniture scratching wooden floors behind it. It fits the gap perfectly and stops the socket from being pushed out.

Russ

Found some rubber washers in the garage, they're the ones that seal washing machine hoses to the taps, fit perfectly, now have a secure fitting and no movement on the socket.

Thanks again to all for their help and suggestions.

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom