2006 W209 CLK200 head unit query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbyrnes

Car
2006 CLK 200
Hi All,

Recently got a 2006 CLK200 W209. It has an MB bluetooth module like this one but I can not connect to it.

MERCEDES BENZ BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE PHONE CRADLE MODULE INTERFACE B67875878 | eBay

I have posted here separately about this and still no resolution. I think my phone is not compatible with the unit - I have a Huawei P30 Pro. Doesn't seem to have SAP.

I have decided to fit a new head unit with bluetooth and would like some advice from you guys. I am looking at these two

8" Android 10.0 Car Stereo GPS Radio Head Unit for Mercedes Benz W203 W209 W463 | eBay

Car Play Car Stereo For Mercedes Benz W209 W203 W168 Viano W639 Android 10 GPS | eBay

I want one that is easy fitted and comes with all the necessary connections. I would also like to be able to use the existing steering wheel controls with the new head unit.

Any advice very welcome.

Many thanks,

Michael

The two units you have listed are for differing types of dash, so I guess it depends on which you have in your car firstly, I suspect that a 2006 car has the facelift dash so you could only choose the first link you suggested. If you have the early one, it's probably a straight swap out. My only real gripe with these Android units is that they seem to only have the Mic built in and so the calls sound distant and they are often set up for LHD so that when the CANBUS reports 'driver door open' the graphic shows the left door open (at least it does in my friend's car and we cannot find anywhere to change it).

I looked at this as an option myself for my car but I found that the dimensions weren't the same and my unit was almost 5mm different in width (from memory). This seems to be the format for anything that is listed to fit the W203 and W209, the CLK seems slightly different for everything and those adverts always state that you must check the dimensions carefully.

Not being able to find one that fitted really well and had the OEM look that I like (and you want) I instead opted to replace the whole lot as my amplifier was dead anyway. Being in the Apple camp, I went for a CarPlay unit but I think most if not all that do that do Android Auto too.

You'll need an adapter kit, mine was a Connects2 unit I think and it gives me the steering wheel controls for volume, phone and track skip as you'd expect not cheap but worth it to me. The only marginal irritation is that you have to be in the Audio menu in the cluster for track skip as you would with the factory stereo but it doesn't display the information on the screen so it leaves you with something like:

Audio
----

I'm used to it now.

The trim in my car was looking tired as the aluminium was corroding around the gearshift so I wrapped it and took the opportunity to do the stereo surround at the same time to try and make it all blend.

I got really carried away on my install and fitted a unit with Wireless CarPlay, Bluetooth, Nav, reversing camera and an 8 channel DSP amplifier so that I could get all of the speakers working in the car and I absolutely love it. It's not a huge amount of work to achieve

Some pics:
50426511871_cef995cc22_b.jpg

50426512241_b574144b1e_b.jpg

Doesn't look too bad like this...
50426686812_90b32375d9_b.jpg

All wrapped (and digital climate fitted)
50426688132_64916e7b30_b.jpg

50426689217_a956b431cc_b.jpg

50426689722_417566631f_b.jpg

50426689862_a308d27cec_b.jpg

50425818513_09b1de4aa9_b.jpg

I'm curious about your BT unit though, can someone with a a different phone connect to it? I did buy one knowing I was going to buy a late CLK and then of course when I bought my car and the Amp was junk I just sold the unit on again but it did connect and work using the PIN 62872 (MBUSA). The go for about £60-£80 I think so doing that if yours works will get you half way to the fascia and soften that blow a bit :).

Hi All,

Recently got a 2006 CLK200 W209. It has an MB bluetooth module like this one but I can not connect to it.

MERCEDES BENZ BLUETOOTH ADAPTER DONGLE PHONE CRADLE MODULE INTERFACE B67875878 | eBay

I have posted here separately about this and still no resolution. I think my phone is not compatible with the unit - I have a Huawei P30 Pro. Doesn't seem to have SAP.

I have decided to fit a new head unit with bluetooth and would like some advice from you guys. I am looking at these two

8" Android 10.0 Car Stereo GPS Radio Head Unit for Mercedes Benz W203 W209 W463 | eBay

Car Play Car Stereo For Mercedes Benz W209 W203 W168 Viano W639 Android 10 GPS | eBay

I want one that is easy fitted and comes with all the necessary connections. I would also like to be able to use the existing steering wheel controls with the new head unit.

Any advice very welcome.

Many thanks,

Michael

Hey

I just did my C209 pre-facelift a month or so ago. Measure your current headset as there are 2 sizes for most models. Pre/after facelift.
Most aftermarket sets from ERISIN or XTRONS will come with a plug and play system, just dissemble the dashboard, take out the old and swap for the new, all connections will be straight forward.
The systems will be Android 9/10, so most phones will work.
Check KillerHERTZ videos, very detailed on how to exchange them out. Some steps you will able to avoid if your system has the new facelift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom