2006 W211 service indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger57

Car
2011 E350 Estate, 2011 A180, 2006 A180, 1973 VW 1303
Hello everybody, yes, I know this has surfaced before.

I have two messages on my display that I would like to dispose of.

One is a red error message saying 'visit workshop' and a graphic of a car battery. This has been present for about 18 months now and came on when I connected a 12v compressor to an accessory socket. At that time I checked out the battery, all was good and still is. If I press one of the buttons on the wheel it goes away but of course it comes back on the next time I start the car. Any ideas?

The other message is a service overdue message. The service isnt overdue and I would like to clear the message. I noticed this old post which points to a Dropbox page but that page no longer exists, so does anyone know where I can now find this info?

Just one more thing....I know that MB use a diagnostic system called STAR but does anyone know when the STAR system was introduced? My car has a diagnostic socket which is exactly the same as an OBD socket. Is the STAR socket different?

Many thanks.....

user_online.gif

check the battery, it may need a charge or it may be alternator related. better get it checked than be stranded.

service overdue can be got rid, pliantly of youtube tutorials :), you should get it serviced tho.

STAR has been used long before your car, the odb socket is used and some general code readers can be used instead of star.

STAR includes a number of components including a multiplexor and laptop and the star software. Star is pretty in depth and can be used for in depth diagnosis and configuration of the car.

hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom