2006 W639 Viano eating key batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dahamsta

Car
Viano
It's the type below. Batteries only seem to last a week or so. I presume it's a short or a dodgy button, I'm just wondering is there a known issue/fix?

The lock button on the other key I have doesn't work either, any way of replacing these on the cheap? How much does coding cost?

0.jpg

You can test the fob by viewing the end through a digital camera, you should see a Purple light, test in a darkened room.
Any chance that you are just sitting on the fob and pressing the buttons without realising it.

Is it possible that its not the key that’s at fault, perhaps the receiver is not picking up the signal from the fob, test the crnteral locking again in a different area and also hold the fob a couple of mm from the door handle receiver to see if that makes any difference.

Re the faulty key, the unlock button is number 3 in picture, it might be damaged/ broken connection on the PCB.

attachment.php

[YOUTUBE HD]mL5WW1ejTl4[/YOUTUBE HD]

Dec

If you are still struggling with your key, you could always contact Mark @ Mercedes replacement keys. He is a top bloke & I've always been happy with the work he's done for me.

Had one key fail completely some time ago. It was apparently causing all sorts of electronic problems. A new one cost £160 but fortunately it was under warranty. Never had a battery fail though.

For the record, it kept going through batteries and I was worried about damaging the innards so I eventually sent it off to this eBay seller, and when it came back it had a new shell and works perfectly. Sending the other one off this week. They don't explicitly list the Viano, but if it looks like the above you can order the service via the Vito listing. It's not cheap, but it's not £150 either. :)

They change the battery without being asked last time the Viano was serviced - cost £3.00

I hate when they do that, but charging to top up the washer fluid is the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom