2007 b180 cdi transmission pan gasket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickgs1

Car
Mercedes B180 CDI
Recently ordered and received new Transmission Filter Kit including gasket and upon dropping the fluid pan discovered that the old gasket was totally different to the new one received. New one was totally rubber construction with ridging around the edge and certainly didn't fit on to the pan, although it was the right shape. The existing gasket was FLAT and made of metal with rubber seal. I did not try to fit the new rubber gasket up on to the edge of the main transmission body as all the pictures I have viewed shows the gasket sitting on the edge of the pan - maybe I should have tried to fit the gasket on to the transmission edging and then bolted the pan up on to it. The supplier confirmed it was definitely the correct gasket for my vehicle and could not explain why I had the flat gasket on the vehicle. I decided to reuse the old gasket as it was in good condition and I understand that MB suggest that this can be done if it is undamaged. I would appreciate a member advising me just how I can fit this new rubber gasket, which I hope to use in the future when I next change the transmission fluid. Thanks in advance. Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom