2007 C320 cdi Corroded brake pipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blackadder

Car
c class
the rear brake pipes are corroded at the wheelarch and need replacing. MB quoted over £500 to do the job. Silly money. So anyone done the rear pipes on this car to give me an idea as to what goes where. The off side pipe runs from the flexible at the arch across the body to the near side arch and then dissapears behind the wheel arch trim with the n/side brake pipe. I will have to remove the trim to see where it goes to. Is there a connection anywhere or do the pipes run all the way to the front?

Hi,

I had the same issue on my previous E220.
The pipe on one side was actually leaking fluid.

My local indie cut the pipe before the corroded part and joined in a new piece of pipe. He did both sides as the other was starting to corrode too.

It was a lot cheaper than replacing the full pipe and was perfect.

Look for a pipe repair by Druk on here using Coovar inhibitors and it looks fantastic.. stops corrosion too.. OR by Epoxy 121 another corrosion beater and comes in various colours too, again a superb product..

Had this just over a month ago on my CLS, both my rears had corrosion and one had fractured at the join to the flexi. This then decided to drain all my fluid over the drive, I had just finished my 67mile motorway comutte too.

To say I was lucky was an under statement.

The brake pipes from the rear usually run up the back of the car and in some cases over and behind the petrol tank so replacing usual means dropping the petrol tank if I'm not mistaken.

i had both chopped back for £130 , lashings of black hammerite on since , especially on the bend at the back :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom