2007 CLK bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi All,

Its been a while but I've been lurking around.

Long and short of it - I've had my 53 plate CLK 320 written off a couple of weeks ago and was gutted.... :(

But Insurance have paid out so today I went and bought my next venture - a 2007 CLK 350..! not a million miles away from the old one but sounds better and drives lovely. Its fully loaded (I think) and I'll add pictures and details shortly.

In the meantime, It is pre wired for bluetooth phone etc and has the small connector in the centre cubby. My question is, what type of "dongle" do I get ideally to give me bluetooth phone connection and even better to have bluetooth music streaming (if possible..?) I have iPhone but I guess most of them these days are compatible with many phones.

Thanks in advance

Ash

Sounds like it is pre wired for mobile phone, Mercedes Blutooth unit will connect phone , think for streaming MP3 music as well as phone calls from your mobile phone you need a Viseoo unit,
Google commandonline.co.uk you will find everything you need to know there under ' Blutooth '

Viseeo and the MB pucks stream calls very well, but not music

You will have a CD changer or iPod connection in the glove box.
I have an old iPod attached to mine....

I believe either can have adapters attached to allow BT streaming, but yes Command Online are best to confirm

Reading the installation notes you lose the use of your CD player and if you only have a single CD slot installed already you need to go to a dealer or Indi to get the car on Star to change the setting in your head unit to DC changer. Plus you need to have the head unit out to connect the cable and you have to find a place to put the actual Blutooth unit! Plus I have no idea if the unit provides a good reliable Blutooth connection.
The other two options just plug and play! For MP3 and telephone then the ViseeO would be my choice, but you are the buying

So i have the multi CD which I'd be happy to lose if I can have iPhone music streaming (or even plugged in for music)

No issues pulling the HU out to plug in the lead although I suspect its the same one that is already plugged into the CD unit. As I have the changer It won't need coding I don't think.

Just looking at the money and it would be nearly 3 times the price to get bluetooth phone and iPhone music through the car stereo...

Hi All,

Its been a while but I've been lurking around.

Long and short of it - I've had my 53 plate CLK 320 written off a couple of weeks ago and was gutted.... :(

But Insurance have paid out so today I went and bought my next venture - a 2007 CLK 350..! not a million miles away from the old one but sounds better and drives lovely. Its fully loaded (I think) and I'll add pictures and details shortly.

In the meantime, It is pre wired for bluetooth phone etc and has the small connector in the centre cubby. My question is, what type of "dongle" do I get ideally to give me bluetooth phone connection and even better to have bluetooth music streaming (if possible..?) I have iPhone but I guess most of them these days are compatible with many phones.

Thanks in advance

Ash

All the viseeo products have ceased production now. There are a few MB4 cradles around which are new but there wont be any more coming from the factory. Therefore best cradle for telephone is the Mercedes HFP.

However, if you want music streaming and integrated phone then you are best off fitting a fiscon Pro system. You wont need an HFP and if you are happy to lose the CD changer then it will stream music too. If you want to plug the phone in aswell as have integrated phone and streaming then the Dension GB500BT is the answer.

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Fiscon-Pro-Mercedes.html

If you lose the CD changer you can still play CD's in the main head unit.

I assume this would also be the best Blutooth and music solution for fitting in a 2007 ML which has Command and is pre wired for phone ( currently has a cradle with little Nokia )

I assume this would also be the best Blutooth and music solution for fitting in a 2007 ML which has Command and is pre wired for phone ( currently has a cradle with little Nokia )

Yes. Same system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom