2007 CLK200K conv lighting control switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jan374

Car
Mercedes CLK 200K
i am in urgent need of a replacement interior light control switch after failed MOT stated rear 'fog lamp switch inoperable'. I discovered the pull on/off control knob plastic centre is broken as is the inner plastic 'tube' that it fits in to. Any idea how much Mercedes will charge for spare as I know they are horrendously expensive but may have to bite bullet as MOT runs out on 14th, I see online they are around £25 on eBay but can't work out part number despite trawling through dozens of Mercedes spare parts websites, many of which don't even seem to stock part in question. My VIN number starts WDB209 which seems to relate to model?

Hi, I've got a perfect one, but it's grey, I fitted it when mine did the same as yours, then later found a black one, it looked good though.not sure how to private message on here, but you can have it for a tenner plus postage. I can tell you how to fit it as well. Martin.

Dear Jan374, You will not be able to use the Private message facility or reply/post to classified threads unless you have a 30 post count. To post a new message please see the sticky post in the new members introductions area.

Jan 374, if you post your full VIN number, those forum members with access to EPC can tell you the part number of the light switch your car was made with.

The issue is that there are many variants of this switch; besides the colour, does the car have halogen or xenon headlights, does it have headlamp washers, does it have power fold mirrors etc.

Hi, I've got a perfect one, but it's grey, I fitted it when mine did the same as yours, then later found a black one, it looked good though.not sure how to private message on here, but you can have it for a tenner plus postage. I can tell you how to fit it as well. Martin.
Many thanks guys to all your v helpful replies. I have managed to ascertain the part number which is 035451104. Martin does yours match this?

That looks like A 203 545 11 04 with a 9116 suffix for 'black dull' colour to me.

Its for cars with halogen headlamps and options 500 for folding mirrors and 600 for headlamp cleaning.

Here's the WIS proc for replacing it:

Attachments

• AR54.25-P-3270P.pdf
    314.8 KB · Views: 8
Many thanks Codger but it looks like I need a special screwdriver to remove screws under parking brake release? I merely need to check the colour code as there appear to be so many 'shades' of black on eBay. Most seem to be anthracite but I agree I think mine is matt black - just want to check before I order. Anywhere else I can check colour code?

Many thanks Codger but it looks like I need a special screwdriver to remove screws under parking brake release? I merely need to check the colour code as there appear to be so many 'shades' of black on eBay. Most seem to be anthracite but I agree I think mine is matt black - just want to check before I order. Anywhere else I can check colour code?[/QUOTE
]
I doubt that the screws are "special" if not Philips then possibly Torx. You will have to remove your switch anyway so just take it out and check the part number on that unit to ensure you buy a compatible one.

The screws are just normal torx, but you do have to remove the park brake release to get to them they will be tight most of the way out as they are more like a self tapper into plastic

OK thanks after searching through odd screwdrivers I have managed to find one that works + have removed the 2 screws under the parking brake. I could just lay down and cry now as I can only get off the clip nearest the door! It's v difficult to reach round the other side of the unit to uncl the other side even as a woman with hopefully smaller hands than the average mechanic? Should I be able to take off more of the moulding to access or is there some "technique" ?!?
I don't want to force or break something else

OK thanks after searching through odd screwdrivers I have managed to find one that works + have removed the 2 screws under the parking brake. I could just lay down and cry now as I can only get off the clip nearest the door! It's v difficult to reach round the other side of the unit to uncl the other side even as a woman with hopefully smaller hands than the average mechanic? Should I be able to take off more of the moulding to access or is there some "technique" ?!?
I don't want to force or break something else

Can you remove the cap at the end of the dashboard to give you more room to work?

Many thanks Codger but it looks like I need a special screwdriver to remove screws under parking brake release? I merely need to check the colour code as there appear to be so many 'shades' of black on eBay. Most seem to be anthracite but I agree I think mine is matt black - just want to check before I order. Anywhere else I can check colour code?

As I posted earlier, posting up your VIN will allow EPC to identify the specific colour code.

He will have removed that to get access to the park brake release cable. I can't remember how I got round the spring clips I seem to think that with the fuse board out of the way and the wiring of the back of the switch it wasn't to much trouble even with biggish hands.

He will have removed that to get access to the park brake release cable. I can't remember how I got round the spring clips I seem to think that with the fuse board out of the way and the wiring of the back of the switch it wasn't to much trouble even with biggish hands.

"It's v difficult to reach round the other side of the unit to uncl the other side even as a woman with hopefully smaller hands than the average mechanic? "

The dealership shouldn’t be too expensive, you may be surprised. A lot of hassle saved too.

My local Merc dealers can’t fit me in til after my MOT has expired and as they charge mega bucks per hour I would indeed be very surprised if it’s affordable! I have managed to source a replacement at my local scrap dealers and they just cut the wires and pretty much wrenched it out by twisting off the parking brake. I now realise that it’s not released by the 2 screws but by 1 pretty much inaccessible one reached through a gap in the parking brake when it’s pulled out. It’s at a v awkard angle - Martin how did you manage when you changed yours recently? I have taken the clump of wires off and the end of the panel so the only thing defeating me now is this 1 screw
Really appreciate you guys help so far

You need to remove the park brake handle by slipping the ball end of the cable out of its track, then you can access the screw. The two screws you have taken out so far just hold the plastic trim to the dash.

It is always worthwhile getting a price from your local Merc Dealer/Parts.

On my clk the Door Rear Speaker Cover, (nearest B-Pillar) was holed and on the Ebay they were going 2nd-hand for up to £22.00! Called my local Mercedes and guess what? £8.14 incl VAT....
Same the Driver's side Cover that clips onto the Top Anchor for the Seat Belt on the B-Pillar was missing. Someone on Ebay wanted £10+Del for one - new from Mercedes, £2.80 incl VAT!

Just goes to show it's always worth it..... :dk:

I did that's how I got the part number -£280!!! £10 from scrap yard. Thanks Tricky Now how do I remove ball!?! I can see it, please let this at least be easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom