2007 CLK200K conv lighting control switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The cable runs in a track in the handle, you lift it out of the track and then you should be able to move it to one side and then it should release the ball end then the handle just pulls out. I think there may be a video on you tube that shows how to do it.

Ball out, last tricky screw undone, unit almost out! Just trying to get 2 headlamp unit wires off. I can see from replacement and instructions that that part is released by unscrewing headlamp adjuster. I have what appears to be right sized Allan key but the piece is just going round and round but doesn't appear to be releasing anything!?!

Ball out, last tricky screw undone, unit almost out! Just trying to get 2 headlamp unit wires off. I can see from replacement and instructions that that it says to release part by unscrewing headlamp adjuster. I have the pinwheel on the new part so I see it just clips out. Wow mightily pleased with myself, all in and working. Prob saved myself the cost of a week in Croatia or similar. Special thanks to TrickytheMerc + Codger. I would say the instructions sent tho were nowhere near clear enough and left out removing the brake handle and cable altogether.

I did that's how I got the part number -£280!!! £10 from scrap yard. Thanks Tricky Now how do I remove ball!?! I can see it, please let this at least be easier
Pull the cable towards you whilst holding the Parking brake release handle and then move the cable / ball upwards and it should release.

Ok it's me back again! I'm having trouble getting ball joint back in brake cable holder- is there a knack? It came out easily enough and I can see where it needs to go

OK sorted - managed to pull cable back in place with a bit of string looped round! Booked in for retest later
Thanks all for the helpful advice , apologies for my inexperience at what may have been obvious to you experts but 1st time I have tackled anything like this and so pleased I stuck with it. It’s not always about the money more the sense of satisfaction at achieving success

Many of us on here have gained knowledge of how to carry out work on our cars and are happy to help others, well done in getting the job done and saving some money.

OK sorted - managed to pull cable back in place with a bit of string looped round! Booked in for retest later
Thanks all for the helpful advice , apologies for my inexperience at what may have been obvious to you experts but 1st time I have tackled anything like this and so pleased I stuck with it. It’s not always about the money more the sense of satisfaction at achieving success

Absolutely no need for any apology, we all start with no knowledge of a subject before we begin to learn.

You should be very proud of your perseverance and enjoy your success! When the next problem arises you will have the extra confidence to tackle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom