2007 Cls Cdi Front Discs and Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mpck

Car
Cls Cdi
Hey,

I need to change the front discs and pads on my 2007 Cls Cdi.

I've narrowed it down to a set of Mintex. Is there much of difference between these and genuine ones?

Also what size discs should they be? From what I can see the brakes are upgraded ones from the factory.

Thanks,

M

Buy original for your car. The prices are not bad at all. No squeaks and Merc original brakes are pretty good.

Buy original for your car. The prices are not bad at all. No squeaks and Merc original brakes are pretty good.

Yep, the dealers are pretty competitive with pricing for discs and pads and you know they will fit correctly.
If you don't like the excess brake dust, consider EBC Redstuff pads instead of OEM although they are a bit dearer.

Not sure I agree the prices are not bad because I saved well over 200 quid by getting pagit from euro and no squeal and very sharp. Just saying as folks seem to Diss pagit and mine have been ace. Maybe it's the way they are fitted.

Do all non AMG CLS's have the same brake setup, as in pads and disk size/type ?

330mm on the front

I have a 2008 CLS 500 and am just wondering how much it will cost to do, I used some Mtec brakes on my 350Z and they have been great and werent at all expensive.

They look a doddle to change to be fair.

Not sure I agree the prices are not bad because I saved well over 200 quid by getting pagit from euro and no squeal and very sharp. Just saying as folks seem to Diss pagit and mine have been ace. Maybe it's the way they are fitted.
I don't think you can fit them incorrectly. £200 is £200. I've used pagid on bms in the past and they've been ok tbh. I put them on a clk we once had but never again.

Fitted Mintex pads and discs to a Renault and ran the car for a few years. Lasted well, little dust, no squeal and stopped well.

I used to fit the cheapest softest (almost cardboard) pads I could find to my cars as I don't think it makes much difference in a road car and they would prolong the life of the discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom