2007 E280 CDI W211 Saloon 18" Alloy "Puncture" !!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cumblechook

Hi All,

My W211 (I just found out what it is called at the factory) saloon suffered an inch square punctured alloy this morning. There was a bang and a loud revolving clunking. I took the tyre off and imagine my surprise. A large piece of metal sticking out of the tyre and a 'hole' in the rear driver side wheel (alloy). :confused:

I have 9J *18" 265 / 35 10 Spoke design that came on my 2007 E280 CDI (Sport) Saloon.

Do I have to go to MB to get a new one? I am gonna call MB on monday. The Mercedes Assistance guy said "No fix. £500" Yikes! :crazy:

Is this True?:( Is there a fix for this kind of hole???

I should be greatful for ideas on a fix or prices for OEM Merc alloys.

Cheers

Sincerely

Akin

Is that the double spoked ones? A bit of googling turns up part A2114015302 which inchcape list at £255 plus vat... They list mine (A211401302) at the same price though, and my dealer did that for about 120 quid if my memory serves me right.

Speak to your dealer...

Last edited:
Thanks Timskemp.

Thankyou for the info. I found something for £125. Is it OEM. My Bro (now Abroad) worked for MB and he sold me the car. I called him and he says "buy Non-OEM at your peril!"

A

Is that the double spoked ones? A bit of googling turns up part A2114015302 which inchcape list at £255 plus vat... They list mine (A211401302) at the same price though, and my dealer did that for about 120 quid if my memory serves me right.

Speak to your dealer...

OH YEs they are the Double Spoked things (quite light actually)

OH Yes!! they are the Double Spoked things (quite light actually)

Cheers

Hi Nick,

Thanks For that. Brings tears to my eyes :) I may not have to pay £500 to MB!!! Are these things OEM? My bro said only buy OEM or (proper MB parts) otherwise warranty is invalid should i have to claim on the warranty in future or stuff like that.

Still thanks for the ray of hope in a dark day. This morning i booked it in to QuikFit for 2 tyre change at £360.00.

It never rains, it pours!:)

A

surely thats a warranty job , alloys shouldnt just ping like that on a 2007 car!

Unless you hit a pothole? If so, take photos & claim the local roads authority.

Russ

good point , i was more thinking allong the lines of driving allong and the tyre gives way due to a manuf defect.

I ran over a metal Rod!! The Rod is still embedded in the tyre. A sorry sight !!!

I have taken the part number of my wheel: A2114015402

surely thats a warranty job , alloys shouldnt just ping like that on a 2007 car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom