2007 e320 cdi front suspension overhaul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tradtx

Car
E320 cdi (2008)
Hi...

Just bought a new car, e320 cdi 2007. I'm contemplating overhauling the front suspension using the febi 26001 suspension kit. I'm a bit weary as to who take the car to, i am based on Birmingham. The thing I'm worried about is whether the mechanic will torque to spec with the car in the air and then dropping the car to retorque. Has any just replaced bushes on the front end as opposed to buying complete arms?

Merc's are heavy on ball joints, either way they should be torqued with the suspension loaded, if not it may cause premature wear to the new bushes

Merc's are heavy on ball joints, either way they should be torqued with the suspension loaded, if not it may cause premature wear to the new bushes
Can a worn ball joint cause pull to left. Heard a squeak last week but it's gone.

Can a worn ball joint cause pull to left. Heard a squeak last week but it's gone.

Use the search feature on the forum for pulling to the left.

There is a wealth of information on this topic with some definitive answers and solutions :)Definative explination.... Pull left

Use the search feature on the forum for pulling to the left.

There is a wealth of information on this topic with some definitive answers and solutions :)
Ok, thank you. It's a nice car with a good spec, I'll be sure to share soon.

Ok, thank you. It's a nice car with a good spec, I'll be sure to share soon.

I am very impressed with my E320CDI Sport. I was not looking for a diesel but it was for sale locally and had a very good specifIcation with the Nappa Leather /Memory seat / steering column/ Panoramic roof/ Bi Xenons / intelligent lighting / Split fold rear seats / COMAND/ 18" wheels etc.

I still prefer a petrol engine for the aural sensation but the large amount of low down torque and ease of driving it brings makes for a relaxing and comfortable package.

Most mechanics I know DONT re-torque once the car has its own weight on the wheels. However I do it myself every time I change suspension arms. Change complete arms. Nowadays its just false economy to change just bushes. A 2007 320CDI i forsee you coming back in here a lot more often for some info and help ;)

Hi...

Just bought a new car, e320 cdi 2007. I'm contemplating overhauling the front suspension using the febi 26001 suspension kit. I'm a bit weary as to who take the car to, i am based on Birmingham. The thing I'm worried about is whether the mechanic will torque to spec with the car in the air and then dropping the car to retorque. Has any just replaced bushes on the front end as opposed to buying complete arms?

I am very impressed with my E320CDI Sport. I was not looking for a diesel but it was for sale locally and had a very good specifIcation with the Nappa Leather /Memory seat / steering column/ Panoramic roof/ Bi Xenons / intelligent lighting / Split fold rear seats / COMAND/ 18" wheels etc.

I still prefer a petrol engine for the aural sensation but the large amount of low down torque and ease of driving it brings makes for a relaxing and comfortable package.
Yes, I have all of that plus the amg styling from the factory, she's a beauty. Through loading and electric tailgate n all!

Most mechanics I know DONT re-torque once the car has its own weight on the wheels. However I do it myself every time I change suspension arms. Change complete arms. Nowadays its just false economy to change just bushes. A 2007 320CDI i forsee you coming back in here a lot more often for some info and help ;)
Oh god, please no... forums as helpful as they are usually means looking for help, a lot...

Mine was very reliable over 4 years except for a broken front Spring . Make sure the gearbox fluid and filter is changed on schedule, if I remember every 4 years or 37500 miles ( whichever comes first )

Just give it all it is supposed to get according to servicing schedules but since u just got it give it a good going over and some extra TLC which sounds like thats what you are doing anyway so it should be good back to you.Get ur brakes checked for any pulls to the left. Check your rear brake pipes aswell and rear brake shoes is something else most garages will not touch n sometimes say "they adjusted it". That old line to get u out the door parting with ur hard earned cash.

Oh god, please no... forums as helpful as they are usually means looking for help, a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom