2007 e320 cdi mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tradtx

Car
E320 cdi (2008)
Hi

I have a 2007 e320 cdi. I've only just bought it. It runs very well, however it seems to be returning low mpg around town. Does anyone else here with an e320 cdi average 20mpg and below strictly around town?

Is it getting up to temp ok?

Seems low to me and I ran one in Jersey Channel Islands for 3 years.. Max 40 mph, most 20-25 mph and got 25 +mpg

Seems low to me and I ran one in Jersey Channel Islands for 3 years.. Max 40 mph, most 20-25 mph and got 25 +mpg
E320 cdi sport?
Do you know if it was remapped?
My friend has an e280 cdi on a remap that averages 26 to 29 around town. But even then compared to official figures it's way off, despite running what seems to be very healthy.

It gets up to temperature, but I can't say how long it takes.

As long as it’s getting up to 90c then it’s fine. Should be around 2 miles?

As long as it’s getting up to 90c then it’s fine. Should be around 2 miles?

It gets up to 90, I'll watch out to confirm the distance it takes, although given it's inner city it can sometimes take time in traffic to cover 2 miles.

It gets up to 90, I'll watch out to confirm the distance it takes, although given it's inner city it can sometimes take time in traffic to cover 2 miles.

As long as it’s getting up to temp I wouldn’t worry

It was a 2008 320cdi Avantgarde. Standard engine, when moved to uk got indicated 30-35 mpg on mixed town / country lanes ( but very little start stop though ) , 40-45 mpg on motorway at 65-75 mph. Lower in winter by 2-3 mpg.
Could imagine that if it was solely stop start in London traffic or similar you might only see low 20's

In my CLS 2009 cls i used to get very similar mpg. I have posted in regards to mpg previously.

My old W211 V6 320 CDi’s were late twenties/early thirties around town and late forties on a run.

Same car - when it was new I lived in Barcelona so drove in heavy, stop-start traffic on a daily basis. 22 - 23 mpg was normal.

Forgot to mention I'm running winter tyres if that males a difference at all?

Well it is the stop start traffic that is pulling the mpg down,my S320 used on short runs and the occasional 20 mile run would return 32mpg in winter that would be around 30,on a decent run with me not wanting to get there in any hurry I have got very near 45,the engine does take awhile to get up to temperature posters have said that about two miles in most of the year nearer 4 on cold winters days.

That does seem pretty low, although as zip dip says it's likely down to the amount of stop-start traffic; I recall being stuck on the M25 a couple of months ago that was crawling for 20 miles or so and the MPG plummeted!

My winters tyres knock 1 or 2 mpg off but off course it may be that the lower temperature in the winter reduces the mpg.

That does seem pretty low, although as zip dip says it's likely down to the amount of stop-start traffic; I recall being stuck on the M25 a couple of months ago that was crawling for 20 miles or so and the MPG plummeted!

Well if you are stationary with the engine running your mpg is 0 :)

Well if you are stationary with the engine running your mpg is 0 :)
LOL - yes, that was a day for human stop-start technology :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom