2007 W211 Mirror Indicator Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eddie_E

Car
94' E200
Hi, I've got hold of a new indicator unit from Mercedes and at the moment can't figure out how to take the mirror apart in order to fit it.
Does anyone have any ideas? All the instructions I seem to find are for the earlier style W211 mirrors. Mine are as pictured below. Cheers

Wing_Mirror.jpg

Hello Mr E, your car is a little on the new side for us, looking at the shape of your mirror there are no catches or things to press so the glass must come out. press the glass in at the bottom and see if there is a wire clip along the top holding it

Hi,

I've not posted before but gained a lot of tips from the forum and having replaced the LED indicator in the door mirror of my facelift 2007 W211 just last week am pleased to share below:

I am assuming the mirror is electric swivel folding and heated. Instructions below are for the nearside door mirror.

1. Carry out this work with the mirror folded open.
2. Tilt top of mirror glass downwards to reveal 2 black plastic retaining clips at 11 and 1 o'clock which hold the mirror lens on to the circular motor unit behind.
3. Use a flat head screwdriver to gently ease/prise the retaining clips upwards thereby loosening the top of the mirror from the backing motor.
4. Pull the mirror lens away the backing motor and downwards thereby releasing the opposite retaining clips at 7 and 5 o'clock. It may be necessary to tilt the motor unit upwards to a avoid the bottom of the mirror getting stuck in the bottom of the housing.
5. With the mirror lens released, unclip the 2 terminal spades feeding the heating element.
6. Unscrew the 3 torx screws holding the circular motor unit in place (not the centre screw), unplug the multi terminal connector and remove motor unit.
7. Unscrew all visible torx screws.
8. Unclip black plastic cover on inner left side of mirror housing - it is retained by 2 plastic lugs. Remove further torx screws revealed with this cover removed.
9. Remove front mirror housing.
10. Unplug terminal feeding LED indicator.
11. The main mirror housing should now be free to twist/swivel off the bracket fixed to the door - if it resists, it is likely that some torx screw still needs to be removed.
12. Inside the main housing, unscrew torx screw securing LED indicator strip and slide out unit from retaining clip at outer edge.
13. Replace with new unit - re-assembly is the reverse of the above.

Hope this all helps - sorry I have no pics as the job has been done!

Thank you and welcome to the forum NJW.

At least I was on the right track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom