2007 W211 Stereo and Bluetooth options confusion!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockatansky

Car
E280 Cdi
I have recently aquired a 2007 E class. It has what I think is an NTG1 stereo; single CD slot with integrated 6 Disc changer underneath and a matrix display.
In the armrest flap bits, it has what I presume is a Nokia phone kit (it has a pair of curly leads each side in the arm rest part).
Now my questions are thus:
It doesn't have Bluetooth. Correct?
I've seen adapters that slot into the Nokia cradle thing that are a Bluetooth moduel, so I'm assuming one of these would connect to my iPhone and I would be able to use the steering wheel (phone) controls, yes? Would these Bluetooth modules enable me to stream my music?
I'd really like to keep things original as I just prefer it that way, so assuming the above statement isn't right, what could I do that would enable me to stream music from iPhone and have the phone facility wth steering wheel function?
I've gotten very confused with all the jargon associated with these mercs' audio equipment!

Or should I just give up now and put an aftermarket (boo!) stereo all in one thing in? I which case would I still retain steering wheel control function?

Sorry and thanks for any help.

Last edited:
My situation is similar and I use a Viseeo MB4+ . It works very well and allows the steering wheel controls etc to be used. Note however that it does not allow music to be streamed....unless someone calls you and plays music over the phone to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom