2008 350 SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RonC

Car
2008 350 SL
I have recently purchased the above vehicle (six weeks ago) and until yesterday has been perfect. Went out to lunch yesterday to give the car a ride out, after lunch went to drive away and nothing happened, just a click coming from the engine area and a battery warning sign appeared, jump started the battery in the engine compartment and it started immediately, got home tested the voltage on the battery which indicated it was flat, put he battery on charge which is now fully charged and l tested. But still getting the same result i.e. Click when trying to start. Any ideas or suggestions please.

You need to find out why that battery went flat. Maybe it's something to do with the starting system, or charging system.

If you have a high capacity ammeter, you can test the current drain with the car switched off. You can then remove fuses to identify where any significant parasitic load is coming from.

I say a high capacity ammeter, only because judging how much current is being pulled is guess work, and if the current it too high, it will toast a low capacity ammeter.

Can anyone recommend to the OP where they could take the current readings from please?

It is possible you have a battery which is on its last legs. You need to check battery before trying to find any drain.

Make sure you check and charge the correct battery! The one under the bonnet starts the car, the one in the boot does every thing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom