2008 C220 with Universal Media - Best Sat Nav Option?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matthew-s

Car
Mercedes C220
Hi All,

Many thanks for all the interesting/useful reading on your excellent forum!

I have a 2008 C220 Estate which has the Universal Media Interface (for plugging in ipod etc) in the glovebox. It does not have sat nav.

What's the best option for cost effectively (as possible) adding integrated sat nav?

I have read on here about Navigation 20, which seems to also be the UMI? Am I halfway there? Will I have to throw away the existing UMI to fit Nav 20? Is Nav 20 any good?

I think adding Comand will be too expensive for me. Would also consider adding aftermarket stereo/sat-nav head if people think this is a sensible option.

Are there any other options?

Many thanks in advance for any help from a newb!

Regards,

Matthew

I have the UMI in my 2008 C class, it already had the SatNav, which was upgraded to Navigation 20 when I did a map update in 2010/11Are you sure you don't have satnav already?

Hi Arty Man,

Thanks for the reply sir.

Yes, I am fairly sure I don't have SatNav already (although will be thrilled to be proved wrong). There's no Nav button on the dash anywhere to access it certainly, and I have never seen any mention of Navigation on any of the menus.

I attach photos of the UMI unit in the glove box and also my centre console/stereo/screen thing... which I hope help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks again!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 122
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 116
Looks to me like you have the UMI with the navigation option.

What happens when you press and hold down the 'C' button next to the rotary controller by the armrest?

Gents,

I couldn't quite believe it when you said it, but yes, you're both absolutely right! Working sat nav hidden behind the 'C' button.

You're geniuses - many, many thanks. Are there any benefots to me upgrading to Nav 20, in the way that Arty Man described - and what's the process/likely cost?

Many thanks again - fantastic!

Nav 20 gives you the full postcode entry, use the little crown emblem, instead of Postcode bit which only does 5 characters. You also get the pseudo Motorway signs, and updated maps of course.

Nav 20 gives you the full postcode entry, use the little crown emblem, instead of Postcode bit which only does 5 characters. You also get the pseudo Motorway signs, and updated maps of course.

The good news continues.. I have the little crown and full postcodes so it would appear I am Nav 20'd up already.

One final question if I may arty man?

After googling intensely I have failed to come up with an instruction manual. As such, I wonder if you could tell me how to turn off the voice instructions?!

Many thanks again!

Hi I have gone through the trauma of finding my Nav 20. Also discovered it is at build ECE Q409. Is there a latter build and how do I get it? Also heard a rumour that MB are no longer supporting Nav 20 - is this true?

Navigation 20 Build Data

Hi, can I ask where you obtained the 2010/2011 build from? I have scowered everywhere looking for something and am getting the run around from my local MB Dealer.

Thanks, spoken to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom