2008 C220CDi - LED’s permenantly on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue30

Car
C220 CDi
Yo. I have some Phillips W5W LED’s that I was going to use for sidelights but have now realised they don’t have a resistor in them to make them error free.

However, I did notice that in the sidelights they stayed dimly on even for hours after the car is locked.

It makes me wonder if there’s a fault somewhere giving a tiny voltage to the lights all the time, which I can’t normally see because an incandescent bulb won’t light for a tiny voltage.

I wonder this because I’m not sure if I have a battery drain or not. Overnight my battery voltage drops to 12.3 ish and I recently left it for a week without starting and it *barely* started up. If I leave the car a few hours the interior lights won’t stay on for more than a few seconds, believe this is because of low voltage. The battery is a new Bosch silver.

Does anyone know if the sidelight thing is normal.

Ta!

The LEDs I've put in my 2008 w204 don't stay on and they have resistors. Flip side is no warning if one goes like it just has.

Well I don’t have a current drain, I checked with a multimeter and within a minute of locking it it’s down to 0.07A. Which still doesn’t answer the question of why the battery doesn’t seem to hold up more than a week. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom